Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thoughts on friendship...

So, this morning I woke up earlier than I needed to and started to think... What a crazy thing huh? It seems that I have filled my life up with so much stuff that I don't even have time to really think.

I thought about my life. I thought about who I am and how I got to where I am. I thought about the good friends I have had throughout my life and how they have shaped who I am. I thought about my friends from when I was a kid in Salt Lake and how great they were. Then I thought about my friends in St. George. Boy was I blessed. That was a fun time filled with good people that I am blessed to still be in contact with for the most part.

Then came college, which my freshman year at least, was pretty much the same people as high school. I had some great roomies and two great best friends (shout out to Howie and Dan). What good times. I don't know if I could have made it through that difficult time without you all.

Then came Foxwood with Amy! What good days too. Just some memories: 9-11, ward prayer in the quad, Simpsons vs. Friends, picture windows, notes written on mirrors, boys, boys, boys (mostly just being talked about, not dated), dates from the opening of the door (not me), rugby and bruises (again not me), the Down Under boys, the Fins, crushes galore (me)... oh I could go on for a long time...

Inbetween mission and Foxwood was my time with Lacie which I would not replace for anything. I loved that time and learned a ton from her. American Idol will forever be associated with my memories of that time. Thanks!

The mission was next with lots of awesome companions that I learned so much from and continue to learn from. Before my mission I had not thought about the friendships I would make with members, but they became some of my dearest friends. Sister Lu/my hero, all my new members, Shu Ling, great investigators, and many more.

Post mish it was living with Amy and Vaughn (somehow they are still my friends ;) and then Rupper. Ah the good old days of Rupper with moldy ceilings in the bathroom, no dishwasher and eternal dirt, the kind that doesn't come off no matter how hard you try. There were also great friends to be made. All the roomies were great, but Meagan and I clicked the most. I learned so much from her. What a great friend.

My sis and her family were the next to affect my life. I loved living with them and cherish the bond that time created with Tami, Steve and Ainsley. What a great blessing! I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Then on to Phoenix with three roommates and lots of self discovery through teaching. So many students have touched my life and taught me so much! What a joy and blessing they are to me. All the U3'ers too are so great and have touched my life. A big part of Phoenix is my brother and his family and my dad. I am so grateful to have them all near and to be able to get to know them better.

Phoenix would be far from complete without mentioning those who have been my best friends since I arrived, my wonderful co-workers. What would I do without them? Thank you Mallorie, Celina, Sam and Jac.

There are also my wonderful TFA friends who made the U of P actually a fun experience. Thanks.

So, if you made it this far, I want to thank you! Thank you for being my friend! Thank you for shaping my life! Thank you for standing by me even when I haven't always been there for you. Thank you for teaching me about what it means to be a friend. Thank you for your kindness. I don't know where I would be without you. I love you all. If you ever need anything, no matter when or what, please let me know what I can do. I will always be there for you if you ever need to talk. Thank you so much!

I cannot end without thanking the People who have been there for me my entire life, my family and My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They are the truest and best friends ever.

P.S. After reading through this my mind began flashing to all the people I missed. All the people who have been my friends through work, school, and church. If I didn't mention you, but you are reading this, know that I thought about you and you have touched my life. I am so lucky! I feel like I could go on forever thanking all my friends. I have been given so much and am so blessed!

1 comment:

Vaughn said...

sweet! I got an honerable mention.